Distribution lists give you the option to send customized content to each subgroup or grouping of people you create. Creating distribution lists of those you most frequently communicate with also saves time on email or text message sends.
We know group leaders don’t communicate with all members or other admins in the same way. Sometimes you only want to send an email to a specific set of people. To use a distribution list for an email or text message, you must first create one.
- On the left navigation sidebar, select Members
- Click Manage Distribution Lists
- Select Add a List button on the right side of the screen
- Title your list and click Next
- Populate your list by checking the box beside the name you wish to add
There are three tabs to populate a distribution list:
Choose Recipients: Select current members and contacts. Contacts don’t have the ability to log in to the group, and can’t engage with the memberplanet community. They are only available to receive information sent to them by the group admin.
Choose Lists: Use previously created lists to quickly select a batch of recipients.
Add New: Invite new members or add new contacts. You can upload a list of current members, which will be added to your distribution list; this will not create duplicate profiles. Learn more about the difference between members and contacts.
6. Finalize by clicking Add Recipients or Add Members/Contacts